NQWC members rehabilitate wildlife at their own financial expense as we are a non-profit volunteer organisation.
Donations and fundraising allow us to assist our members in all aspects of wildlife rehabilitation including provision of training, resources (such as aviaries and kangaroo pens) as well as contributing towards the subsidy for specialised wildlife foods and medications.
NQWC also supports emergencies such as floods and bush fires within Queensland and interstate.
We welcome donations that will assist us in the rescue and care of wildlife. These sorts of items include:
- Aviaries and bird cages
- Tanks suitable for reptiles
- Old pillow cases, blankets, sheets and towels
- Fabric which we can make into pouches etc.
- Building supplies such as timber, nails etc. which we can turn into nesting boxes &
- Shoeboxes or other small boxes (used for temporary transportation of birds and small reptiles)
- Everyday items our carers require such as toilet rolls (unscented), hand wash and hand sanitiser
We will be in contact to discuss whether the items are suitable for donation. Thank-you.